As you're aware, there are now a ton of various book subscription boxes flying around, and of course most of them are in America. I was lucky enough to find out about a new one that's started up in the UK called RavenPost. I was super excited, as the price to get a box plus shipping from the US is extortionate and it's not usually worth it, so one closer to home would be perfect. So, I decided to subscribe with RavenPost.

And after much waiting, I finally got my first box! It was themed Friendship and I wanted to share with you what I got as well as my thoughts








I received my Friendship-themed gift from RavenPost and was pleasantly surprised to see it in a District 12 drawstring bag. Cute, huh?

I'm quite the fan of the Hunger Games, so this was a nice touch. Makes a change, and I could reuse this to keep books clean in my bag, as I take them everywhere with me. Hopefully they fit - been reading some long books lately.

I opened it up and I got a book and two notebooks, as well as a letter explaining the content and about next month's subscription box, which is themed as 'Isolation'. Interesting.






The book I received was Emmy and Oliver by Robin Benway. I'll be honest - I've never heard of this book, but I guess that's a good thing. Sending you something you'd not pick up yourself or never heard of.


I looked up Emmy and Oliver on GoodReads and it sounds really interesting! It's about a girl who's best friend Oliver goes missing - he's kidnapped by his father - and returns 10 years later. It's about reforming friendships (and possible romance, but I'll have to read it to find out) and a coming of age story.

I'm quite looking forward to reading this, it's a nice choice! 








The notebooks have a quote from Neil Gaiman on them saying 'A book is a dream you hold in your hands' which is lovely. I have so many notebooks, so these'll go in my collection. The idea of getting two is to give one to a friend, but none of my friends that live near me would use them. They'll likely be shoved in a draw and never seen again, as they don't really read and won't find it useful. That is why I use the internet to fangirl usually, so I'll likely keep both.








I'm going to be completely honest, as this is the Honest Bookclub - I expected more. Considering the box is £25, you don't really get enough value for money. I'm going to give the boxes another go next month, as they are new and only just starting up, but I felt a little sad that I'd spend £25 on something that could have easily been bought for less money. Maybe as they go on, it'll improve, but for right now? I'm not entirely happy with the amount you get. We'll see what next month brings us!




If you're interested in subscribing, or you want to know more about RavenPost, here are some useful links:

WEBSITE
SUBSCRIPTION PAGE
INSTAGRAM
TWITTER





Have you received anything from this subscription, or maybe any others like OwlCrate or Lit-Cube? Let us know, we'd love to see what you got and your thoughts. You can leave a comment or find us at any of the following social outlets: