THE SELECTION changed the lives of thirty-five girls forever. Now, only one will claim Prince Maxon’s heart…

It’s swoon meets the Hunger Games in the final instalment of THE SELECTION trilogy!

For the four girls who remain at the palace, the friendships they’ve formed, rivalries they’ve struggled with and dangers they’ve faced have bound them to each other for the rest of their lives.

Now, the time has come for one winner to be chosen.

America never dreamed she would find herself anywhere close to the crown – or to Prince Maxon’s heart. But as the competition approaches its end and the threats outside the palace walls grow more vicious, America realises just how much she stands to lose – and how hard she’ll have to fight for the future she wants.

The breathtaking finale to THE SELECTION trilogy will make you swoon!


SPOILERS AHEAD!



OH MY GOSH. That book was epic, huh? Well, I don't know where to start. I have my notes ready so let's get to it!

Well, I certainly preferred it to Elite as I felt that dragged just a bit but this one....wow. It was exciting, action packed and it had lots of cute, fluffy moments. If you love Maxon, you can't dislike this book at all (although the poor boy got hurt many times, in more ways than one)

Speaking of Maxon, how amazing is this guy? I really want to move him up my 'top 10 book boyfriends' list because he melted my heart in this one. How romantic and sweet was he? Very. Writing love letters, being incredibly charming and making both me and America fall in love with him everytime. Whenever I saw Maxon's name, I was like 'YES!' because more of him, the better. I love this guy so much. 
He's so loyal and such a lovely guy, he broke my heart at the near-end of the book when that guy... yes, that guy...upset him again by hanging around America like a bad smell again. Yes, Aspen. I'll come back to him...

America obviously got on my nerves again, but doesn't she always? She just can't make a decision. I think she's probably the worst decision maker I've ever read in a book. Although atleast this time, she knew she wanted to be with Maxon but she couldn't decide when to tell him she loves him. Um, soon? Now? I don't want to wait 300 pages in until you tell him when you loved him on page 1. He loves you and it's pretty obvious...why does he have to say it first, he pretty much already has. Oh America...you're so clueless. But no matter, it ended well. 

Maxon and America shocked me, they had some proper steamy make out sessions and I half expected a sex scene. I mean, did you read that part when Maxon ripped her dress open? I was like 'woah, steady on Max!' he was really getting into it. No sex in the book but those kisses were hot. America, you lucky girl! 
And you can't say you didn't go 'OMG AWWW' when you read those letters that he wrote for her. When Maxon was hurt and he thought he was going to die (my creys!), he said some pretty heartfelt things and I had to put the book down for a second. My emotions. The feels. He was saying things like 'I'll love you until my dying breath' and just....oh my goodness. I remember saying 'why aren't men in real life this romantic? If they are, I haven't met any!' 

I feel I need to bring up Celeste. She had a total change of character in this one and she ended up being such a lovely girl. I'm pleased they all got along before the end, the girls and the Queen all taking photo's and brushing eachother's hair, how cute was that. I was just disappointed in the lack of people being saddened by Celeste being shot in the back of the head. No 'Oh no, Celeste!' it just happened and that's that. Poor girl. That was effing brutal though, I didn't expect that! Still in shock now.  

Kriss, I mean, I look at her differently now. I was gutted when America and Maxon had that misunderstanding and he decided on Kriss. Something about her wasn't right and we finally got to know why that was. Hmm... I'm glad she didn't win. 

The King though.......in my notes I just wrote 'King = prick' because he is. He's just a horrible man, he doesn't even give a crap about his son's feelings at all, or anyone's at that. He's just nasty and I was pleased he met his fate in the end. (I wish the Queen hadn't though, that shocked me)

I should probably mention the annoying Aspen. The Gale Hawthorne of the story. I'm glad he wasn't in this one as much as I expected and America wasn't going on about if she loves him. She knew she didn't. I felt the Aspen/Lucy thing was quite random but at the same time, very adorable. He finally moved on and that's good. 

Moving on from characters, I have to mention that America's wedding dress wasn't the one on the cover. Shame! I love the one on the front cover but still, I was too happy to care because she and Maxon were getting married. Squeee! If someone had told me at the start that the dress on the front isn't a wedding dress, I wouldn't of been as sure about the ending. I knew that was America.

I kind of wish this series wasn't as long as it was, it could of been sorted in two books atleast, but I still love it anyway. This story is certainly one I'll come back to for a re-read in the future.

I think that book was fantastic, it was a satisfying ending to this amazing series. Interesting situations, the characters were great and it was a definite page turner. I can't rate it any lower than a 5 as I very much enjoyed it. 

GoodReads: 




Let us know what you think about this book or the review in the comments or on social media: